Wednesday, June 15, 2011

More Pressing Matters

I was going to update the blog with pictures from our recent vacations and pictures of our new little house, but something more important has come up. One of the first people I met when we moved to Lexington was Raegan. She was a part of a small group I was invited to attend over the summer. She found out this week that their eighteen-month-old son Theo has leukemia. We are heartbroken for them as they begin aggressive treatment and a six-month stay in the hospital.

Please join us in praying for their family--Raegan, Mike, Theo, and their other two children Mallaney and Max. Pray that God would heal Theo, that He would comfort them as they learn more about Theo's condition and treatment needs, endurance for the stay in the hospital and as they juggle work and three small children, and practical provision for babysitters and meals. The circumstances appear crushing, but we serve a God who is stronger than any disease, even death. We know Theo is in his hands.
Listen to me, O house of Jacob, all the remnant of the house of Israel, who have been borne by me from before your birth, carried from the womb; even to your old age I am he, and to gray hairs I will carry you. I have made, and I will bear; I will carry and save. Isaiah 46:3-4

1 comment: