Sunday, November 11, 2012

Recent Conversations

While watching Mighty Machines:

J: Mom, they're at the demolition site. You know what happens at the demolition site?
Me: Tell me.
J: (with preschooler intensity) They tear buildings down. The buildings die!


While "reading" the Bible:

J: The word of God says...and he hit him and killed him. Cain was angry and killed his brother. Then Noah built the ark and fight the animals!

And another time:

J: The word of God...glory it says...and the word of God said to him...and many people...glory and grace and the Jesus...


While eating dinner:

J: Mom, my food is sad because my teeth are crushing it.


While reading with Gigi:

Gigi: Maisy arrived and Cee-ril was buying tickets.

J: No, cee-ril is something you eat. His name is Cy-ril.

Gigi: (silence)


While riding down the road:

J: Mom, don't do that with the horn. You scared me.

Me: Well, that car was breaking the law and I was reminding him of that.

J: Well, you scared me.


At breakfast:

J: Hey Dad. It's rainy outside you you'll want to make sure you wear a jacket.


Learning about a new babysitter:

Me: Boys, Monica isn't going to babysit tonight.

J: Who is going to babysit us?

Me: Her name is Mary Fran.

J: That's a strange name!

1 comment:

  1. I can't stop giggling! And I have to give it to him, car horns scare me sometimes, too :)

    ReplyDelete