Thursday, September 27, 2012

Self-control

There's a lot of talk around our house about treating each other with love and respect, considering another more precious than ourselves, and exercising self-control. (Please tell me this is totally normal in a home of a preschooler and toddler.) We have a great CD with songs about the fruits of the Spirit that the boys love to listen to. 

Yesterday, John and William were in the basement playing while I folded laundry. I headed upstairs to make lunch and within 90 seconds heard William crying. I went to the top of the stairs to see what happened and I found William working his way up the stairs crying and saying, "Took it from me!" Below is the conversation that transpired:

Me: John, was that gentle to take the tricycle?

J: (through gritted teeth) I needed to do that because I don't have self-control!

Me: (chuckle in agreement) John...

J: (teeth no longer gritted but still yelling) I do that because I don't know self-control!

Lord, help me!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my lord, I am sitting here belly laughing at my desk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to get a copy of John's book once he masters self control. It will be a best seller. Lovely. Thanks for sharing. Love. Larry

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is really funny!! good luck with that! and then let me know what we need to know because we are getting close to being in that phase!!

    ReplyDelete