Thursday, February 3, 2011

Tower!

Lately, John has enjoyed building towers using his alphabet blocks or his Mega Bloks. The other night while I was on the computer, he was quietly playing and I turned around to find the tallest tower/pyramid I've ever seen him build. I grabbed the camera before he "Uh-ohed" it, and snapped several pictures. Sadly, the memory card wasn't in the camera, so I couldn't capture his work. I vowed to put the memory card back into the camera from now on and caught him building this today:
Nice little tower, six blocks tall...

now seven...

going for eight...oh no!

Starting over again

Well, later in the day I was at the computer and John was quietly playing by himself. I turned around to see what he was doing and found this:

"Big tower!" as John would say. (Everything is big these days--big Jonah, big snow, big sleep.) Now, one might think that this can't be true since the tower is quite tall--taller than John, in fact--but he used one of his trucks as a stepping stool and made this thing!

Here he is, admiring his work before he knocked it down. It seems as though he's able to do so much more and learns so quickly these days.

And here's his sweet William, who turned 12 weeks on Thursday. He was sleeping through the night for a little over a week, but hasn't for the past two nights. He loves to lay on the activity mat, bat at the toys that hang above him, and talk to his reflection in the mirror. Time seems to be moving on quickly for this little guy and I don't like it!

1 comment:

  1. awesome tower John! your boys are just too cute!! Little William looks so sweet! I really need to meet them sometime!!

    ReplyDelete