Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas at the Harrises

With a toddler and a newborn, life around our house is usually busy. This Christmas season hasn't been much different than any other time--we have our routines, our errands, our meals; I do laundry, get together with friends, and try to make our home a happy place. (Husband) John has been at work this week, but his lighter schedule has meant he's been home earlier than usual. He's working on labor and delivery this weekend, so his days will be busier, but he always enjoys his work. My work involves a lot of laundry, reading books, building towers, interpreting, and baby holding. I can't complain! (I manage to, but I really shouldn't!) The things that have been out of the ordinary I captured on camera.

John colors with markers for the first time. They still end up in his mouth, but spend more time on paper than crayons. We are both pleased!

I get my first taste of "Some Assembly Required." I think the fun is just getting started in that department!

Who has the cutest wrapping helper? I do.


Our work is complete! Thanks to Cousin Lu's sewing, the presents are wrapped quickly and are ready to be opened.

John and John open presents and the playing begins. We've opened presents Christmas Eve for the past two years--it worked out perfectly since John was able to be at home.

Truck!

More presents!

A bag of books is always appreciated by this little one. The playing stops, he hands us a book and scoots into our laps to listen. He could do this all day really.

Christmas morning we're moving slowly after a fun night with friends and driving home in the snow. When John and William are together, they both light up. In fact, William's first big smile was at his big brother.

I can't get over this handsome little boy.

John plays in the snow for the first time while William naps. As it turns out, we spent more time getting dressed than playing! (Notice that he's taken his gloves off.)

Fascinated by the snow--he repeats "'Nowing, 'nowing!" as we walk.

"Uh oh!" He asks for gloves when he gets up. After a couple more of these, we were on our way back inside with John in my arms.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy the bags turned out the way you wanted! It was a fun project and helped get me in the mood for Christmas. Love your sweet family...

    ReplyDelete