Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Obsession

John has been fascinated by our computers for quite some time. As a baby, he would reach for it and touching it was an early motivation to crawl. He received a "computer" for his birthday, but it broke soon after we took it out of the box. I bought one recently, hoping that he'd love it and play with it on our upcoming road trip. Our nephew Jacob had one and loved it, so I thought it would be a nice long-term purchase since it's purpose is to teach the alphabet and letter sounds. He started hyperventilating as I pulled it out of the box, and I knew it would be a hit.

The look of love

Working very hard

He gets excited and moves around the hall with it, pushing buttons along the way. Sadly, about thirty minutes into playing with his new computer, I notice a malfunction. When you press the letter keys, you no longer hear the correct letter name. "L", "E" and "J" are what you hear, no matter what letter you push. So much for that long-term toy! I promptly returned it and went for round #2. Thanks to our friends at Goodwill, we got a less sophisticated, but equally enjoyed keyboard.

Can you hear him gasping as he hits the keys? "Aduh! Ah! Ah! Ajuh!"

I must touch it, even when I need to stand up.

Ah keyboard, where have you been all my life?

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely cannot wait to see this little man in person. Hurry up, August 7th, and get here quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures you got of the expressions on his face are perfect!! That is great. Well, maybe we need to do more toy shopping at Goodwill!!

    ReplyDelete