Thursday, November 10, 2011

Yard Boy

Leaving our house yesterday, John and I had this discussion:

SJ: Remember we raked the yard yesterday John? The wind blew more leaves and you can't tell now.

J: Mommy needs a bag. (He helps me stand up the tall yard waste bags when we rake.)

SJ: Mommy needs a yard boy.

J: I a yard boy!


John is drinking from a cup without a lid, and we've talked about how careful he must be. Yesterday at breakfast:

J: Where's my milk? (a la Al Bundy)

SJ: John, that's not how you ask for milk.

J: Where's my milk please Mommy?

SJ: Here you go.

J: Be careful, Mommy. Be big careful!


And his favorite phrase these days after he's done something that's not funny at all--"That funny!?" and everything is silly.

SJ: John, be gentle with your brother.

J: Ha! That funny, Mommy?

---

At the table...

J: Silly chip in my milk! How'd that chip get in there?

---

While playing basketball...

J: Silly basketball go in the basket! That funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment